White Shoal Lighthouse is located in Northern Michigan, 20 miles west of the Mackinaw Bridge. This 121-foot lighthouse can only be seen by boat and marks a hazardous ares in Lake Michigan. White Shoal Light was built in 1910 to replace Lightship No. 56 that had marked the shoal since 1891.
The light is the only red/white barber pole striped station in the United States.
White Shoal Lighthouse card and envelope measure 4.35 by 5.75 by Michigan artist and author Richard Rensberry.